WELCOME TO THE DAYLE MCINTOSH CENTER FOR THE DISABLED
Welcome to the website of the Dayle McIntosh Center (DMC) a nonprofit organization of, by, and for people with disabilities. The center serves the greater Orange County area of Southern California and has offices in Anaheim and Laguna Hills.
Disability is a normal part of the human experience. One in every five Americans will have a disability during his or her lifetime. Access to resources, training, and support from peers equips individuals, who are disabled, with the tools they need to succeed!
DMC is a uniquely valuable community resource for the following reasons:
- All individuals, who need help to establish or maintain their independence, are eligible for services regardless of the type or origin of their disabilities!
- Assistance is provided free of charge to consumers!
- Services are available to individuals with disabilities throughout their lives!
- Consumers play an active part in the development and implementation of their own service plans!
- The staff and board of directors are widely diverse and represent several cultures and disability groups!
- The center has almost 40 years experience developing and providing services to the disability population!
- Staff and volunteers offer disability awareness presentations to community groups and share their individual experiences meeting the challenges of living with disabilities!
- Technical support is available to the community on a wide-range of disability topics including accessibility standards and compliance requirements related to specific legislation such as the Americans with Disabilities Act!
- A center for independent living, DMC is the only organization of its type in Orange County!