Position Overview: Promotes disability awareness and use of services available through the mental health collaborative by connecting with adults and youth who are disabled, as well as, with family members and other service providers in the community.
- Develops and implements outreach strategies, within the northern, central, and southern regions of Orange County;
- Compiles and replenishes outreach materials;
- Establishes linkages with organizations, agencies, and other entities throughout the county for the purpose of obtaining referrals and sharing resources;
- Distributes educational and resource information at community events, schools, and other venues frequented by people with disabilities and their families;
- Coordinates community awareness events at sites, such as libraries and churches;
- Responds to requests for service and resource information by phone and e-mail;
- Conducts presentations in the community;
- Forms and leads support groups;
- Develops collaboration with community agencies and resources;
- Collects outreach data for reporting purposes;
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, in human services or a related field; and
- At least two-years of experience working in the community; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Evidence of computer literacy, including ability to use Microsoft Office products and various social media platforms;
- Demonstrated experience providing instruction in group settings;
- Working knowledge and understanding of the Independent Living philosophy and methodology;
- Evidence of competent communication skills;
- Capacity to work independently, multi-task, and meet deadlines;
- Ability to perform job functions in a manner that exhibits flexibility, consistency, and professionalism;
- Demonstrated capacity to work under pressure and cope with mental and emotional stress relevant to the position and the work environment;
- Ability to establish and maintain respectful, effective working relationships with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License, state identification card, and car insurance;
- Evidence of reliable mode of transportation.
- Lived experience with disability;
- Bilingual in Spanish, Vietnamese, Korean, or American Sign Language;
- Previous marketing or outreach experience.
- Self-directed, organized, and personable;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Interested in interacting and working with strangers from diverse cultures;
- Takes initiative to ensure successful results;
- Works cooperatively with others;
- Focuses on solutions rather than problems;
- Understands and supports consumer-directed services;
- Skilled at active listening;
- Respects the opinions of others;
- Represents the agency in a professional manner;
- Upholds the principles of the organization;
- Exhibits a commitment to professional growth.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Normal office temperature-controlled conditions with quiet to moderate noise level and little to no exposure to heat, dust, or fumes. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Jody Parrish, DMC HR Consultant,
* Only qualified individuals will be contacted for an interview.
The Dayle McIntosh Center does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of any protected category including race, color, religion (creed), sex (gender including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity (expression), age (over 40), national origin (ancestry), disability (mental and physical), medical condition, genetic information, marital status, or military and veteran status, in any of its activities or operations.